At Truth Church, we believe the blessings that God has given us, including the financial ones, are not really ours, but His. In fact, we're only stewards of God's resources. As God's stewards, all that we have is God's. So as we're blessed, we want to in turn be a blessing to others, giving so that the Kingdom of God may be advanced on earth.
To have your child dedicated at Truth Church
- We ask parents to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We ask parents to be sure their beliefs line up with TC's statements of belief.
- We ask parents to be regular attenders of TC’s weekend services.
- We ask parents who are living together and who are not married to take steps to acknowledge and surrender to God’s plan for their relationship before participating in a child dedication service.
- We are open to having conversations with you on any of the above statements. If you are interested, contact Ginger Gilbert or call (903) 624-9087.
Dedications happen at Truth Church:
- On the first Sunday Morning of each quarter in the calendar year.
- Those months would be January, April, July, October.
At what age can a child take part in a dedication?
- Truth Church does not have a set age requirement for child dedication, the average age for a child to be dedicated is four to eight months old, although many parents dedicate children much older than that, often for the following reasons:
- The parent(s) are new believers in Christ and their children were not dedicated when they were infants.
- The parent(s) are having a younger child dedicated and want to have their older child dedicated at the same time.
Do I need to be a Truth Church member to have my child dedicated at TC?
- You do not need to be a member of Denison Truth Church to have your child dedicated in a group or public ceremony at TC. We do encourage parents to make sure they are calling Truth Church their home church. Why? In dedicating your child to God, you are stating that you are willing to partner with God and the church to raise your child in cooperation with God’s intentions. To partner with any church, a parent would be wise to decide if he or she agrees with its beliefs and vision, so they can be all-in in their partnership with the church.
- When you choose to become a member at Truth Church, you are stating that
you agree with TC's beliefs and values, and that you want Truth Church to
be your home church.